Cryotherapy was originally invented by doctors as a powerful anti-inflammatory tool. It is now recognized as an important restorative treatment for both the body and mind. Extreme cold stimulates the temperature receptors in your skin to active the nervous, immune, and endocrine systems, reducing pain and inflammation, improving your mood and physique, and general enhancing your overall health and wellness.
When you arrive at Manhattan Aesthetics for your cryotherapy treatment, we will guide you into one of our relaxing, state-of-the-art cryochambers or cryosaunas. The temperature of your cryotherapy treatment will range from -187 to -264 degrees Fahrenheit. Many patients compare the sensation of cryotherapy to standing in front of an open freezer on a hot day – chilly, but tolerable, and far less of a shock than an ice bath as they air is dry. We will then invite you to complete a light warm up riding one of our stationary bikes to stimulate blood flow and enhance your treatment. You will leave our office feeling rejuvenated, and over the next 48 hours, your body will restore itself to a former or improved state of well-being, with reduced pain and inflammation, and increased energy levels.
Benefits of cryotherapy include:
- Pain relief from joint disorder, rheumatoid disease, and fibromyalgia
- Decreased muscle soreness and spasms
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved post-surgery recovery
- Alleviation of depression anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, and stress
- Fewer incidences of colds and flu
- Prevention of osteoporosis and similar conditions
- Reduced appearance of cellulite
- Boosted metabolism (which promotes weight loss)
- Mitigation of skin conditions (including psoriasis, blemishes, and acne)
- Increases the production of collagen (giving you a more even skin tone and reducing the signs of aging)
Give us a call today at 212-960-8172 to learn more about cryotherapy in New York, New York, and schedule your appointment.
Manhattan Aesthetics is committed to complete patient satisfaction, however, results will vary from individual to individual. All testimonials provided for Manhattan Aesthetics are clients of Manhattan Aesthetics who have undergone treatment. Please read our full disclaimer.